Reflection

You know those days where your mind just wanders and you end up fantasising about your future or reflecting heavily on your past, well that happened to me today. I don't know if there was something added to my muffin or I'm suffering from minor exhaustion but my mind decided to take me back to my first year of high school.
We're talking almost 9 years ago yet my mind remembers exactly how I felt as a small child walking the halls of high school surrounded by people I thought were adults, twice the size of me, scared and overwhelmed and now I've graduated from university.
Now the reason I write this post is not to talk about how much I've grown since then but to help people who feel so stuck in the moment, like there is no future or no hope of getting past something because in high school, where I am now seemed so far away, it felt like I would be in high school for the rest of my life. I struggled with friendships, I had moments where I questioned if it was worth it, there was even a moment where I almost gave up. If you told me when I was 13 that someday I would have a double degree and I would get to walk across a stage in a cap and gown to collect my bachelors degree I would probably never have believed you. But I stand before you, a survivor, I made it through the heart break, I made it through the anxiety, I made it through the self-doubt, the depression.
Look how happy and relieved that face is, that is genuine joy right there. And while I am scared for my future look what happened in nine years and I had no idea this would be my future so here's hoping I'm that happy in another nine years, who knows where I'll be and what I will have achieved but no matter how long that time feels I hope that at that time I am as happy as I am in that picture.
So my message with this is that, it will take time, it may seem far away or impossible to overcome something but you will get there, it may take 9 years, it may take more but something will come along and make you feel so happy, genuinely happy, so hold on, grit your teeth and bare with the chaos and the pain and know that on the other side you will come out with the biggest smile on your face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider-Man Far From Home - Marvel Monday

The Magic Of Harry Potter