A year in review

Let me start by saying Happy New Year.
Just like everyone else I take this time to look back on the year. At this time of the year it can be easy to get swallowed up with what you want to change, improve and well the dread of knowing that you have to go back to work but I want to reflect on the positives of the year.
They say each year 2 big events in your life happen and that was the case for me, there are two things about the year I look back on with fondness and joy and they're experiences I won't ever forget (or at least I hope I don't) however there is a third thing as well that wasn't necessarily big or new or that exciting but might help with looking forward to the future.
My first big event was something that for a while I wasn't sure would happen and that was graduating from University. I struggled at uni, I suffered from depression and I wanted to give up, it crushed me emotionally and mentally and if I could go back now to 18 year old me I'd tell her to do something else with her life but I stuck with it, I worked hard, I found a way to cope and I came away with a degree I can be proud of. Not only did I get a degree but I learnt that with hard work and perseverance I can do whatever I want, yes I may struggle and no I'm not saying to put my mental health on the back burner it is something I work through and has it's ups and downs but I can get through it.
Secondly was a girls trip to the happiest place on earth. It was two weeks of joy with people in my life I cherish so much and it hold memories I wouldn't change for anything. It was such a fun trip and an amazing experience and a chance to hang out with my friends before we go our separate ways for jobs and other life experiences. If I could suggest one thing to do with friends before you start your life experiences it is to spend some quality time with them doing something you all love and enjoy. I think it really cemented our friendship and I know that no matter what life throws at us, we will be friends for life.
My final thing is a little less exciting but still something new and out of the box for me and that is cosplay. It was something new and different and for my first day dressed up at the convention a little out of my comfort zone but it was something that I fell in love with and if I hadn't stepped out of my box and tried it I never would have known that I would.
So with these new experiences and life achievements I guess it's time to look forward on 2019. I don't like those resolutions like eat healthy and exercise more etc what I want for next year is to keep up what these 3 things taught me. I want to step outside my box more, keep working hard to achieve goals and dreams and to make time to experience new things with the people I love because these moments are rare but so life changing. So while this year has also had it's tougher times it's also brought so much joy and I want to keep reaching new milestones in my life each New Year.

Here's to a great 2019 for everyone!
-Georgia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider-Man Far From Home - Marvel Monday

The Magic Of Harry Potter