Hello World (Part 2)

Here I am again.
It's Merel here. Time for some fun facts with Merel, as a continuation from Georgia's post.

First things first, I'm 21, though I will be turning 22 quite soon.

1. I can't live my life without music. Honestly, I'll listen to music in all situations- whether I'm in the shower, reading a book, studying, writing, walking; just whenever. It's the background noise that's comforting, and the silence doesn't appeal to me. There is a range of music that I like to listen to which mostly ranges from rock to alternative to indie, and things somewhere in between. My spotify music selection can be quite a mix and I love it.

2. I love reading- which includes collecting books. So far my collection is sitting at about 189 books. I have to admit a lot of those books are young adult books, though I have been collecting books since I can remember.

3. I'm terrible at picking favourites (just like Georgia...), and am also very indecisive. Sometimes I know what I want, but half the time I can't make a decision such as favourites. Everything that I love (whether that is music, books, movies) are all different in their own regards, so how can I make that overall decision? Answer: I can't. I just have a huge collection of things I love.

4. I was born in the Netherlands, which means I am Dutch. My family is dutch, although my dad is half Indonesian so that makes me 1/4 Indonesian. I moved to New Zealand in October 2003, when I was 7 years old, almost 8. And throughout my life I've lived in 3 different countries- The Netherlands, New Zealand, and Australia.

5. Over the course of 21 years, I have lived in 3 countries, am currently in my 16th residential living accommodation, have attended 4 primary schools (ages 5-13), 4 high schools (ages 13-18) and am currently at my 2nd university (to be fair I only spent 1 year at my first university). It all sounds pretty crazy when I lay it out like that. But that's my life in statistics.

6. I have epilepsy. I was diagnosed at 18, and am managing this well enough.

7. Some fandoms that I am a part of (there's plenty more than what I'm saying here):

  • Harry Potter
  • The Moral Instruments/The Infernal Devices/The Dark Artifices (Basically the Shadowhunter Chronicles)
  • The Maze Runner
  • The Hunger Games
  • Percy Jackson
  • Marvel (MCU)
  • Game of Thrones
  • Disney
8. I love writing- and I may not be incredibly good at it, I do love it. Over the years I've only managed to finish 1 whole story. I still have a huge variety of story ideas that are floating around, which only partially finished sections of those ideas. I also have written some fan fiction AU stuff (with the help of ideas from Georgia and another friend). I'm also a part of a few online roleplaying writing sites. It's a place where I can make characters and interact with other people- including making new friends, and just have a great time writing. 

9. My dream, if it could happen, would be for me to own a bookstore. To have a quirky little bookstore somewhere in the world. That would be my absolute dream. Whether that will happen, who knows? 

10. Before studying Occupational Therapy I had wanted to be an architect throughout my whole high school years. Even now I would still consider doing it, if I could. I always have my eye on architecture and absolutely love looking at gorgeous buildings and structures. 

That is my random collection of facts so that you know more about me. Of course there is much more to me, but essentially this is it. I may be a little (not even a little, I totally am) weird, but that's just who I am. And these facts embrace that a bit. 

"The future stretched before me, infinite and growing and mine, in a way that nothing had ever been before." - Linger by Maggie Stiefvater


-Merel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spider-Man Far From Home - Marvel Monday

The Magic Of Harry Potter